Pages

Monday, December 23, 2019

Iris Law on Beauty Marks, Glowing Skin, and the Art of Red Lipstick - Vogue

“I did so much research,” Iris Law says, peering into the camera as she applies a clarifying cream mask. Though the 19-year-old model and daughter of Jude Law and Sadie Frost is undeniably genetically blessed, she’s still had her fair share of complexion concerns, namely cystic acne—which has made her a pro at the art of skin care. “I get super worried about my skin being bad again, so I do get a bit fanatic with keeping [it] clean.” Such scrupulous tendencies have led her to a stable of carefully curated, fail-proof products: Omorovicza’s non-foaming cleanser, which she massages onto her face; an antibacterial witch hazel; not one but two skin-boosting serums swirled together; Glossier’s sheer gel sunscreen; and, of course, Caudalie’s cult-favorite cooling mist. “It’s my favorite thing ever,” she says. And that’s just the beginning.

“This is the bit I’m really excited for,” Law says as she dips into her makeup bag. After all, when it comes to cosmetics, no two days are alike in this It-Brit’s world. The only constant? “I never ever use powder; I don’t care if I’m shiny everywhere.” To begin, Law smooths a honey-based primer around her nose, rubs the “smallest amount” of YSL’s tinted moisturizer over her face, and then goes over any spots with Laura Mercier’s “light” concealer—though she’s careful not to cover up the charming pale patch on her cheek, which isn’t the only birthmark she’s grown to love: “My dad made me like these,” she says, referring to the tiny veins that dot her eyelids. “He just always used to say they were cute.”

Next, “I almost always have something on my lips,” Law says of her signature painted pout, which ranges from magenta to mulberry. The hue of choice today? A head-turning vermillion. Beginning at her cupid’s bow, she draws Chanel’s Le Crayon Lèvres around the outline of her mouth before pressing on a vibrant bullet from Dior, which she also dabs onto her cheeks. But not so quick! “Today wasn’t a red day we have now decided,” she says, picking up a black-currant crayon, at once transforming her lips into a stunning display of purple. And just like that, with one final spritz of setting spray, Law is ready for the day ahead. “That’s me!”

Director Rebecca Fourteau Filmed at The Savoy

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Skin" - Google News
December 24, 2019 at 12:07AM
https://ift.tt/2MpBOpP

Iris Law on Beauty Marks, Glowing Skin, and the Art of Red Lipstick - Vogue
"Skin" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2Rv81zw
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment